Wednesday, March 16, 2005

TOOF!

Well over the weekend I had a bad experience with my teeth. I grind my teeth in my sleep. It's so bad that my top front 4 teeth have been ground down to almost nothing. They are so thin you can almost see through them. Anyway Friday night we were eating with Utah's finest at Golden Corral. I figure it's not that bad - there's steak and mashed potatoe's so I'm good. Well while in line waiting for a steak I see some sauteed mushrooms calling my name. So I grab a couple. I get back to my seat and proceed to dig in. Everything is tasting pretty good until I pop a mushroom in my mouth. CRUNCH. Hmm, a little dirt that didn't get washed off - oh well just keep chewing and swallow and don't think about it. CRACK........ I felt something at the front of my mouth behind my top teeth that didn't feel right. I put my finger in there to see what happened. YOOOOWCH!!!!! My tooth had chipped and my root was sticking out. That hurt really bad so I probe it with the tip of my tongue. ZZZZAP! Again the pain shot through me like I had just been electrocuted. My jaw dropped and my face went pale. I couldn't believe my teeth had finally chipped. The dentist had warned me about this time and time again and it finally happened. Needless to say I couldn't eat very well after that. The soonest I could get in to the dentist was Monday morning - but at least the dentist was able to call in a Rx for some Lortabs. Those things saved me over the weekend because it hurt to just breathe. Monday I went in and got my root canal (nitrous is lovely) and now I'm feeling a lot better.

2 comments:

lindsey said...

That must have been one heck of a mushroom! At least your teeth are fixed and you can breathe and eat normally again! I am just glad it wasn't me, I am a baby when it comes to pain!

lindsey said...

ok - I just got what the title was... thats funny - TOOF! lol