Thursday, June 12, 2008

GPS-Snitch

There is a cool program that my cousin Ammon told me about for GPS-enabled blackberry's, it's called Blip. It allows you to post your gps coordinates and see your friends posted coordinates. You can set your blackberry to auto-post at intervals. I have mine set at 15 minutes. When you log into the website on a computer you can see all your history and your friends history. You can either view the points on a google map right there on the website or you can have it imported into google earth.

Right now my brother-in-law is at a King Mack fishing tournament south of New Orleans and, using the program, I was able to see his path out this morning. The orange dots represent each post that his phone made. Pretty cool huh?




2 comments:

Doré said...

Sweet program. Thanks for loading it on my BB. Now I can keep tabs on Shane. :) Mine didn't map him out on the boat though.

Hagoth L said...

That's because I installed the special no-wife snoop program on it. Just kidding!