Friday, June 13, 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots


After waiting for almot four years, the final installment of the Metal Gear Solid series has finally arrived. I pre-ordered my copy back in April and have been waiting impatiently ever since. I got my friendly Gamestop phone call to let me know that the game was in and went and picked it up yesterday. I have been a huge fan of the Metal Gear series ever since the first one came out on the NES so I was stoked to get home and try this one out.
The game had about an 8 min install which was not bad because it gave me time to read the manual, which has some pretty cool artwork in it. I decided to play the first 10 or 20 minutes upstairs on the LCD tv so I could get a could 1080p experience out of it. After about 20 minutes I took the PS3 downstairs so I could experience the soundtrack (upstairs tv - 1080p no sound system, downstairs tv - 1080i 7.1 sound system). The game still looked great in 1080i so I think I will be playing the majority of the game downstairs. The sound was absolutely amazing. Every little detail has been brought out in the sound. Bullets whizzing by your head or hitting the ground or the wall next to you have very distinct sounds. The explosions had my sub rockin. I knew I had it turned up too loud because Angela was doing some work in the bedroom down the hall and I heard her shut the door.
After having played it for roughly 45 minutes here are my initial thoughts:

Graphics: 10
Sound: 10
Voice Acting: varies but average 8 or 8.5
Fun Factor: 10
Controls: 9

3 comments:

--- said...

This might seem random but I am trying to track down a family for my younger brother. My brother was in the hospital room next door to Christian Lelepali while both were being treated for Leukemia. My brother loved Christian and his family and wants to know how Christian's family is doing - if you are related, please let me know. sheldongilbert at gmail dot com.

Best regards,
Sheldon Gilbert

Ruth said...

Hagoth- you seriously have the cutest kids!! I blog hopped from the Brinkerhoffs and found you! Nice eh...now I am stalking, first Facebook and now this-lol/ I blog more than I do Facebook! ~Ruth

Hagoth L said...

Hey Ruth! Good to hear from you! I better be careful what I write in my blog (when I actually do) now that I know other people besides myself are going to be looking at it :O. You also have very cute kids, your girls look just like you! I probably get on facebook more than I do blogger. I never did like English and all that writing... :)